Hello,

Long time lurker here, first time poster. I think I have an idea of what is wrong here but I would like confirmation please. I have an old LGA 2011 socket motherboard (Gigabyte hand me down) with a Xeon E5-2620-v2 with 32 gigs of DDR3 1600 ram, a EVGA 1050 PSU, 2 Nvidia 980 ti's. I do mostly rendering with it. The issue is on Sunday the system failed to boot once. After unplugging it for a moment it booted up and I went on with my life. On Monday the same thing happened only it refused to boot period for several attempts, then it did only the screen was green, fuzzy and with artifacts everywhere. I thought of several possible things, PSU, MOBO and the GPU attached to the display.  The first thing I did was unplug the GPU the monitor was connected to and the system booted fine. Furthermore I have an old GTX 970 and I plugged it in the same slot and everything seemed fine until this morning. Today I have the same issue, so i immediately took out the 970 only the problem persists. If I unplug it for several minutes, it will boot up 'sometimes' but on the last attempt it wouldn't. So I am looking for confirmation of these symptoms, I belive now that the mobo needs to be replaced, which sucks as it is hard to find one. So I am looking at a Ryzen system if I need to replace the entire processing backbone (mobo, ram, cpu) as the price point and performance reviews seem good for rendering.

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic … ;t=1384053
Online Video Production Service

Thank you